Why Might You Need Professional Assistance from Our Water Damage Restoration Company?
Water damage is one of the biggest and dreaded occurrences that most house owners fear. An extremely powerful force of nature, water can cause untold damage to properties and their contents and can set the perfect conditions for mold to grow and spread. By having the assistance of a water damage remediation company though, you can significantly reduce the amount of time it takes to clean up any flooding and have specialist help with the restoration process.
What Are the Most Likely Causes of Water Damage?
Even when it’s not raining, you may still be at risk from certain types of flooding and water damage. Although not so prevalent in our sunny state, melting snow can be a major cause where pipes are still frozen or cracked. Other possible situations where emergency water removal may be needed can come from leaky dishwashers, clogged toilets, burst pipes, broken washing machine hoses, a leaking roof and even foundation cracks resulting in underground water seepage. Any of these situations could lead to a flooded basement where using a professional water extraction company is the only means of getting the problem sorted.
What Can Be Done in the Event Your Property Suffered Water Damage
Water can cause a lot of damage, not just to furniture, carpeting and electrical goods, but also to family heirlooms, prized possessions and even be a hazard to the property itself. By acting quickly, you may be able to save many items from ruination and prevent any further damage:
- Firstly and perhaps most importantly disconnect the power.
- If you have insurance, contact your adjuster immediately.
- Remove any electronics, furniture and other movable items immediately. The quicker you get them out of the water then the more likely they can be saved.
- If you know the source of the water; burst pipe or washing machine leak, switch off the water supply to them. However, if it’s flooding due to rain then there isn’t much you can do until it stops.
- Try and get rid of the water if you can and if safe to do so
- Thoroughly dry out the area once the water is away. Fans and dehumidifiers can help but you may need to remove wallpaper and plasterboard to prevent mold from forming.
- Make sure the affected area is completely disinfected when dry. This includes all areas such as walls, insulation materials, wooden beams etc. This is to get rid of nasty bacteria that may have come up through sewers or toilets and even rainwater may carry feces from animals.
- Call professional water damage services like ours that can advise you properly on the best course of action for your particular emergency and get it sorted out in next to no time.
Advantages of Having a Professional Water Damage Restoration Company Help You
Thankfully, being affected by water damage is not an everyday occurrence but this also means that many people are unprepared when it does happen. By making our Express Emergency services top of your list on things to do when water damage is wrecking your home, you get 25 years of highly experienced help focused on saving a lifetime of treasured belongings and happy memories. Available 24/7 for a free estimate, our water damage services are only one hour away from anywhere in the South Florida area to provide fast and efficient services that will exceed your expectations.