How to Treat Mold Damage | Express Emergency

How to Treat Mold Damage

How to Treat Mold Damage


How to Treat Mold Damage

How to treat mold damage is a great question, but first, a little explanation about mold. Mold reproduces fast and is a serious structural and health problem. It grows in organic matter, it needs moisture, and temperatures above 40 degrees Fahrenheit. In addition, if there is little airflow, it can grow in as little as a day.

When mold is an issue, it affects the value and marketability of your home drastically. Therefore, the sale of a moldy home is very difficult, regardless of the price.

Cleaning visible mold with household cleaners does not solve the problem. Visible mold is the result of a much deeper problem when behind sheets of drywall, in fiberglass insulation, and even in the wooden framework of a home. For this reason, it is imperative to test for soot and dirt in order to determine whether mold is present. Carpets, padding, and drywall harbor spores deep within, and may require replacement if bleach or household cleaners cannot remove them. So, you need to remove the factors that propagate mold growth, else, the mold is likely to grow back time and time again.

It is imperative that mold be treated with utmost care as some strains of mold contain carcinogenic and potentially deadly mycotoxins. When you move mold, you release hundreds of thousands spores into the air. Mold on prime material can contain more than a billion spores, and just three to five spores are enough to cause allergic reactions.

Professional equipment and certified training are crucial for complete mold removal: To locate moisture sources, dry out moldy areas, and remove mold safely. Also, you need equipment to detect and identify mold. You may also need to send samples to a laboratory. In order to clean mold, technicians must know the type(s) of mold.


Health Risks

Homes with damp conditions or areas that are dark and moist are prone to mold growth because mold thrives in moist places. These environments may cause asthma attacks, allergic reactions, and asthmatic attacks.

Generally, people don’t have any adverse reactions to mold when they breathe it, ingest it, or even coexist with it. For those with mold allergies, the story is very different. Possible reactions to mold may be wheeze, stuffy or runny nose, itchy and/or watery eyes, hives or rashes, and cough.

It is possible for symptoms like these to last for weeks or months and to worsen with time. You removed immediately the mold immediately so to prevent damage to your home and everyone’s health.



If you are experiencing any mold issues, send us an email or call us at 561-286-3768. We will professionally solve your issues with customer satisfaction guaranteed.

Free Quote. Click To Call.